Recognising your contribution to HR and L&D through higher education and research
Academic membership is for individuals engaged in teaching, lecturing and research in the field of HR or L&D. It illustrates expertise in the development and progression of ‘thinking and knowledge’ of the HR and L&D profession and your ability to make an impact in the world of work.
Academic membership levels
There are three levels of Academic membership. Each carries a professional designation to recognise their significance.
Academic Associate (Academic Assoc CIPD)
You are typically an experienced lecturer, tutor or researcher in a HR subject area. Check yourself against the full Academic Associate criteria.
Academic Member (Academic MCIPD)
You are typically an experienced lecturer, senior researcher, recognised in UK or internationally as an expert in more than one relevant subject area. Check yourself against the full Academic Member criteria.
Academic Fellow (Academic FCIPD)
You are typically a senior academic or research leader, recognised in UK or internationally as an expert in at least two HR areas. Check yourself against the full Academic Fellow criteria.
Academic membership fees
Fees for up to 12 months membership
You will need to renew your membership on the 1 July 2018 and each year after that. Don’t worry, we’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due. Annual payment will be collected until you advise us otherwise.
|Membership||Assessment fee||Joining fee||Up to 12 months||Total|
Interested in Academic membership?
To be awarded academic membership, you will be formally assessed against the CIPD academic criteria by providing relevant and current experience as evidence.
Send us an up-to-date copy of your CV to: email@example.com
We will review your CV and write to you within 10 working days to confirm your eligibility and to advise you on the most suitable level of professional membership to apply at, based on your experience. We will then provide you with details of the full assessment process. There is no charge for this stage of the process.
- Research, surveys and policy reports
- 100s of online business, HR and L&D journals supplied by EBSCO
- Time-saving email updates, including In a Nutshell and a weekly HR news bulletin
- Practical podcasts, topic summaries, factsheets and guides, and more.
Connect, learn and be inspired
- Online Community forum - Socialise, discuss and learn from an interested and supportive community of professionals.
- Join CIPD networks.
- Find inspiration at CIPD conferences and events.
- CIPD Profession Map - assess your capability and access recommendations on what you need to know and do at every stage of your career.
- My CPD Map - an online assessment tool to identify your strengths and areas for development
- CIPD Career hub - an online gateway to information, tools and advice to help build key employability skills and enable you to make the most of career opportunities
- Plus, access to Career management webinars.