This highly informative course provides an introductory overview of the fundamental HR topics and actionable insights into the knowledge, strategy and competencies required of today’s people professionals. This course is designed to introduce new or less experienced HR administrators to the role and activities of the HR function and help them effectively add value to the organisation.
This course is delivered virtually and in English.
Benefits of attending
Participants will be provided with a wealth of additional resources including CIPD factsheets, podcast links, checklists, tools and templates to further your professional development.
During the course, you will:
- Learn how to recruit, train and develop employees
- Gain practical knowledge on why and how to reward employees fairly, using both financial and non-financial systems
- Focus on what keeps employees engaged at work so they're motivated and productive
- Develop the confidence and knowledge you need to become a more effective HR professional and support organisational performance
Key learning outcomes
Over three days, you will learn how to:
- Understand the key role and expectations of an HR practitioner
- Gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be effective now and in the future
- Appreciate the changing world of work in which HR and L&D is operating and its role in an organisation's success
- Deliver customer-focused HR service delivery and handle complaints
- Maintain a positive approach in the organisation’s relationship with its employees
- Evaluate the factors that affect an organisation's approach to talent management
- Demonstrate the benefits of implementing engagement practices and tools
- Increase your personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues
- This course is delivered virtually
- Next live virtual course: 23, 24, 25 May and 2 June 2022
- Also available for in-house delivery upon request
Build HR capability in yourself, your teams or your organisations through generalist and specialist courses for HR professionals and line managers
Courses on future focused learning and designing, delivering and evaluating learning and development in the workplace