DNA of an HR leader: what does it take?
This report, in association with HAYS Recruitment Experts Worldwide, uncovers what it takes to succeed at the top of the HR profession in the GCC
DNA of an HR Leader examines the career paths of more than 300 senior HR professionals operating in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The report incorporates online survey results from 2016-2017 and includes Q&As with, and commentary from, six industry experts.
The HR professionals surveyed were asked about their educational backgrounds, qualifications, international experience, responsibilities, challenges, and personal aspirations. Below you'll find the key findings from the report, followed by the full report.
- Staff retention is the single biggest challenge facing HR leaders over the next 12 months.
- Talent management and retention are the biggest areas of focus over the next two years.
- 22% of GCC-based HR leaders now sit on the boards of directors at their respective organisations - a growing trend in the region.
- The majority of HR leaders are female (54%), aged between 30 and 45-years old.
- Almost half (49%) have worked in other professions before switching to HR.
- Finance is considered the most important discipline for HR to partner with.
- Industry experts advise the new generation of leaders to gain cross-industry experience.
Download the full report below.
Find out more about Hays - Recruiting experts worldwide and its 'DNA' series uncovering what it takes to succeed in the GCC.