Date: 23/03/2020 | Duration: 00:41:01
As businesses globally are disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak, many questions arise – in particular in the UAE, where the labour law can seem challenging to navigate.
- Should time off be paid or unpaid?
- What does the law say about remote working?
- Is reducing employees’ salaries legal?
- What are an employer’s health & safety obligations?
- In the event of a salary reduction, can we protect the gratuity accumulated until then?
- If an employer tells all of its employees that someone contracted COVID-19, could it lead to a successful defamation claim?
- What about data protection?
These are the questions that Samantha Ellaby, Senior Associate at Clyde & Co answers in this information-packed episode.