Join CIPD hosts as we explore the future of work, today’s workplaces and people management. In each episode, we sit down with matter experts, business leaders, HR and L&D practitioners to get their perspectives and ideas on everything from workforce trends, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing, employee voice, HR analytics and a whole lot more. You will also learn from case studies in the Middle East as we debate practices and approaches.
CIPD podcasts are played via the online audio sharing platform SoundCloud. You can stream each episode, download the podcasts to your computer or subscribe to the series on SoundCloud.
Is there a specific topic you’d like us to cover, or a story you’d like to share? Let us know on social media using the hashtag #CIPDME.
CIPD Middle East Podcast 1: UAE labour law implications of COVID 19
Date: 23/03/2020 | Duration: 00:41:01
As businesses globally are disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak, many questions arise – in particular in the UAE, where the labour law can seem challenging to navigate.
- Should time off be paid or unpaid?
- What does the law say about remote working?
- Is reducing employees’ salaries legal?
- What are an employer’s health & safety obligations?
- In the event of a salary reduction, can we protect the gratuity accumulated until then?
- If an employer tells all of its employees that someone contracted COVID-19, could it lead to a successful defamation claim?
- What about data protection?
These are the questions that Samantha Ellaby, Senior Associate at Clyde & Co answers in this information-packed episode.
CIPD Middle East Podcast 2: Fear detox - how to build resilience for you and your teams
Date: 14/04/2020 | Duration: 00:26:46
Coping with the switch to working day-after-day from home is a new challenge. Not only do employees have to adapt to constantly shifting priorities but, with juggling responsibilities, resilience is put to the test. Presented by performance coach and award-winning radio show host Anna Roberts, this podcast provides strategies to help build resilience, manage anxiety and enhance productivity in these challenging times.
- Resilience: What is it, and how can you build it?
- Understand limiting beliefs and overcome them
- Learn how fear comes into play at work and what you can do about it
- Access easy-to-implement strategies on how to gain clarity on goals and remain accountable
- Develop a different mindset is essential to making a long-lasting change
- Leverage this time to create the Best Version of Yourself at and outside of work through a practical framework you can use for you and your teams